Prayer: Psalm 27

Here’s a prayer of thanksgiving and commitment inspired by Psalm 27. It comes from the Monthly Prayers page of the Christian Aid website.

Prayer
(inspired by Psalm 27)

O God,
you promise to hide me in your shelter in the day of trouble,
and to conceal me in the corner of your tent.
When I am overwhelmed
by my own needs and the needs of the world,
I know that I can come and hide with you.
When changing the world seems too much
and the needs of others weigh upon me,
I know that you will give me space to think and rest.
When life just feels too much and the anxiety in me is great,
you offer me solace and a space to be.

And when you make me ready,
I will follow you.
When you gather my courage,
I will go where you lead me.
With your love inspiring me,
I will speak and act in your name.
Amen.

~ written by Susan Durber, and posted on the Monthly Prayers page of the Christian Aid website. http://www.christianaid.org.uk/