Prayer of Dedication: Joshua 24

Here’s a prayer of dedication written by Katherine Hawker and posted on her Outside the Box website.

Prayer of Dedication
(inspired by Joshua 24: 1-3, 14-25)

(People’s response in bold)

Creating God, guide us to put first things first in our lives.
As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
Christ our Lord, enable us to follow your example.
As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
Spirit Alive, shine your light that our choices may be a reflection.
As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.

— Copyright © Katherine Hawker, and posted on her Liturgies Outside the Box website. Visit that site for many other excellent resources for worship.  

For more worship resources related to this text, or other texts for November 6, 2011 (the twenty-first Sunday after Pentecost), click on Proper 27A in the list of “Labels” at the lower right side of the page. 


For other prayers and prayer resources on this blog, see this Scriptural Prayer Index or this Topical Prayer Index.