Psalm 23: "The Lord is a Stranger"


Here is a reverse paraphrase of the 23rd Psalm, which explores life without God.

“The Lord is a Stranger”

The Lord is a stranger,
I am constantly in want.
I lie down in a small apartment in a crowded city;
Traffic sounds break through,
my soul is restless.

I am alone on uncharted paths.
I walk through the dark alleys…
I fear the evil lurking in the shadows,
and am without comfort.

I have prepared my own table before my enemies,
I have anointed my head,
yet my cup remains empty.

Surely sadness and despair will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will not dwell in the house of the Lord at all,
FOREVER.

—posted by usmpka on Persaudaraan Kristian Agape USM
(a Christian Fellowship in the USM main campus
located in Penang Island, Malaysia).   

For more paraphrases of Psalm 23,
click on Psalm 23 in the list of “Labels”
at the lower right side of the page.

For more worship resources for Good Shepherd Sunday,
(the fourth Sunday of Easter),
click on Easter 4 at the right side of the page.