Hymns & Songs for Fathers' Day

Here are some traditional hymns and gospel songs that would be suitable to use on Fathers’ Day. 

A Child of the King, Eugenia Peck Buell, John Bunnell Sumner, CCLI 68261
All the Way My Savior Leads Me, Fanny Crosby
All Through the Day, Tom Howard CCLI 38734
Arise, My Soul, Arise, Charles Wesley
Be Thou My Vision, Irish hymn, Mary Byrne, Eleanor Hull
Blest Be the Tie That Binds, John Fawcett
Children of the Heavenly Father, Caroline Sandell Berg
Day by Day, Carolina Sandell Berg
Dear Lord and Father of Mankind, John Greenleaf Whittier
Faith of Our Fathers, Frederick Faber
Father God in Heaven, Lord’s Prayer, J.E. Seddon
Father Most Holy, 10th century Latin, A.E. Alston
For God So Loved Us, August Rische
God is Love, Let Heaven Adore Him, Timothy Rees
Great is Thy Faithfulness, Thomas O Chisholm
Guide My Feet, traditional spiritual
Holy God, We Praise Your Name, Te Deum, 4th century, Clarence Walworth
If You Will Only Let God Guide You, Georg Neumark, tr. Winkworth
Immortal, Invisible, Walter Chambers Smith
Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee, Henry van Dyke
Like a River Glorious, Frances Ridley Havergal
Now Thank We All Our God, Martin Rinkart
O God, My Faithful God, Johann Heermann, tr. Catherine Winkworth
O Lord, My God, How Great Thou Art, Asa Hull
Of the Father’s Love Begotten, Aurelius Prudentius
Oh, How I Love Jesus, Frederick Whitfield
Our Father God, Your Name We Praise, “Loblied”,Ernest Payne
Praise, My Soul, the King of Heaven, Psalm 103, Henry Lyte
Precious Lord, Take My Hand, Thomas A. Dorsey
Take Thou My Hand, O Father, Friedrich Silcher
Take Time with the Father, William Longstaff
The Love of God is Greater Far, Frederick Lehman
This is My Father’s World, Malthie Babcock


For more worship resources for Fathers’ Day (June 19, 2011), click on Fathers’ Day resources in the list of “Labels” at the lower right side of the page.